LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Instruments MSP-Gang430 Gang Programmer

Dear,

I have a labview code to control MSP430 Gang programmer using DLL files and it seems to be Ok but I faced this problem:

when I run the programmer using Labview its running and reply a massege " operation succesful" but when i changed the file name or path it keep giving the same massege !!! i don't know what to do!?

please note that i have followed the same sequence metioned in the user manual of MSP430 Gang programmer.

NOTE: I did not try to programe any board i just control the gang programmer with open end.

Could you please help me to solve this issue!?

please see theattached file.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,140 Views)

It sounds like there is a problem with the DLL checking the file itself. Once the string is sent from LabVIEW into the DLL unless you are specifically checking it in your DLL it won't return an error. Does it check the file and/or the file path? This won't work for me because the only error I see is that I don't have the hardware. A workaround would just be to always ensure you enter the correct file and path.

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,117 Views)

Did you ever find out what the problem was here?

I am also having issues with MSP-Gang.dll - the function to load a codefile does not seem to be responding correctly to the path input...

Has anyone had experience with MSP-Gang.dll?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,782 Views)

Hi Winther,

What do you mean by "the function to load a codefile does not seem to be responding correctly to the path input"?

Does the LabVIEW block diagram run correctly? Is there an error given? Like the response above, LabVIEW won't automatically check for a DLL error or exception.

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,754 Views)

I just figured it out yesterday. My problems where a combination of an error on my part and some odd behavior from the dll.

Most functions I use must be called using the calling convention stdcall but at least one of has to use C - otherwise it will return an error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,738 Views)

Can you post your updated code?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,415 Views)

Hi.

I don't have the HW anymore so I can not test it right now, but if I remember correctly the attached example worked.

You will notice that "EraseImage" has a different calling convention than the rest.

/Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,400 Views)

Hello,

I´m programming the MSP430 gang-programmer of TI, with the demo of labview that was install with the gang programmer. When I am charging my code to the device, the labview interface (the dll file) prints me an error. This is what it says: ERROR: Verification failed!

I put the GANG430.INI and GANG430.dll files in the correct path, but it doesn´t work. Can someone help me please??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,220 Views)

Hello aitor123,

This thread has become inactive. In order to increase visibility I would ask that you please create a new thread and repeat the question. 

Jonathan B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,191 Views)

I am trying to use LabVIEW to communicate with MSP-GANG programmer over the USB port. I have not been able to do so. is this possible. As anyone been able to get around this?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,474 Views)