LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Installation Error 1935

Labview installation error almost immediately after installation starts.  Error 1935.  Also puts error entry in Event Log.  Attached is a snapshot of the error and the text of the event in the error log. 

This is a Windows 7 machine with tight security restrictions.  I am running the install as a local admin users. 

Is .NET or Visual C++ required to be on the machine before installing Labview?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,808 Views)

Hi patriet,

The same security limitations that you are mentioning are most likely the cause of the 1935 error according to this KB. Are you able to have IT disable the security software to allow LabVIEW install?

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(9,781 Views)

Hi REDS,

All of our machines have the same security restrictions and the NI software has installed with no problems on many other machines.  The security features cannot be disabled anyway.  There seems to be another issue with this machine and I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks,

Theresa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(9,779 Views)

Hi Theresa,

Go ahead and try to uninstall and reinstall the .NET 4.0 Framework to see if it helps. After that, you could try running the Visual Studio 2005 Runtime directly to see if this is a .NET Framework issue.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(9,772 Views)

I don;t even thing .NET is installed...figured if it needed it, it would prompt for it or install it...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(9,770 Views)

Hi Theresa,

The .NET 2.0/3.0/3.5 engines are pre-installed with Windows 7. If you don’t have .NET 4.0 Framework installed, please go ahead and download it so we can test. Once you do that, you should be able to find it in the Control Panel » Programs and Features » Uninstall a Program » Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(9,767 Views)

HI Theresa,

I got the same error window on 3 out of 4 new computers. Please let us know if the fix that REDS offered worked for you.

Thanks,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(9,741 Views)

this particular computer had a host of other problems and needed to be re-imaged...I sent it to the IT team to have the OS reinstalled.  ONce that was done, Labview installed properly.  I don't think the OS was installed properly to begin with.  There was no .NET or other basic stuff that should have been there. When I tried to manually install ..NET, I got errors. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(9,735 Views)

Hi all,

Has anyone found a bullet-proof solution to this problem?  I have a brand new Windows 7 PC (64-bit, Intel Xeon CPU, 8GB RAM) that I am trying to run an installer that I created in LabVIEW 2011 for an application I have developed, and I keep running into this Error 1935 at the start of the installation:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.ATL, processorArchitecture="x86", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", version="8.0.50727.5592", type="win32-policy". Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

There are a bunch of posts on potential solutions, and so far I have tried:

• Disabling anti-virus/spyware
    • Tried to install LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2011 SP1 for 64-bit (downloaded from NI site)
    • Tried to install previous versions of .NET (2.0, 3.0 and 3.5)
    • Checked that "trustedinstaller.exe" is present in the Windows/servicing directory
    • Used the Microsoft .NET verification tool

None of these have worked or pointed me towards a solution.

As an aside, I'm not sure why a x86 VC2005 installer is being automatically run for a x64 system?

If anyone has some suggestions it would be much appreciated!!!  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(9,463 Views)

Hello shurdle,

Thanks for using the NI Discussion Forums!

1. I couldn’t help but notice that you said you installed the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2011 SP1 for an application you developed on LabVIEW 2011. Please make sure that the Run-Time Engine and the LabVIEW development environment you built your application on match.

2. Did you try to install the .NET Framework version 4.0? According to this KB Why do I get Error 1935 when attempting to install NI software? you would need to reboot your computer after installing the .NET Framework 4.0.

3. I also found Error 1935 When Installing VISA 3.2, in case your application includes the VISA drivers, that tells you verify that COM support is installed. For that, you can download the latest VISA from ni.com/drivers.

4. Also, please verify that the Windows Update Service is not running when you try to run the installer. It has been known that it can mess up with the installation of LabVIEW and other NI Software.

5. Have you tried running your installer on another computer? Does it fail the same?

6. Is there an option to continue with the installation, or does it not let you get past that error prompt?

7. Do you get the same error when you install the LabVIEW RTE as well as your installer?

8. Ultimately, you could always download the MSI clean up utility and try again. Please follow the KB My Software Installation Failed and I Receive Error Messages when I Try to Reinstall. How Do I Fix t...

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(9,453 Views)