LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Image Processing

I need to develope a program for extracting ROI of an image? How to do that?

Steps: Capture image from a system, Extract the region of interest,Select a row approximately in the middle of the membrane area of the image,Determine the intensities at all the points across the membrane, Plot a graph of the intensities across the row (the line profile). Please help me to do this. I am new in image processing. I am attaching front panel view of this.. I am not sure about whether this is correct or not. What is the block diagram for this system?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(5,463 Views)

what do u want you want to achieve?

whats your input ?

what kind of image?

Is your ROI is fixed or you will select during run time?

Find the attached example

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(5,443 Views)

My input is an image (actually image path). It is an image taken by monochrome camera. From this image I need to select a row approximately in the middle of the membrane area. From that determine the intensities at all the points across the membrane. Then plot a graph of the intensities across the row(the line profile). I will select the ROI durng the run time. it is not fixed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(5,433 Views)

If Possible share the source code you tried and the sample image.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(5,430 Views)

- You can check the inbuilt examples: This example shows how to use the display tools to draw a line on the window that displays an image and get the pixel values of the image along that line (line profile).

- To navigate to examples: open LabVIEW and navigate to Help » Find Examples... » Toolkits and Modules.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(5,427 Views)

I am attaching the front panel view, image etc. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(5,425 Views)

I am attaching the front panel view, image etc. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(5,401 Views)

Hope this will help you.

Line Profile.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(5,390 Views)

what is this module(attached 11)? and i need to use all the controllers and indicators of that front panel i am attached previously. I am checking this current diagram now

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(5,383 Views)

-I believe you definitely need to learn about LabVIEW. Please try below free online material :

Start with below links to learn about LabVIEW programming 

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-LabVEW Basics

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

LabVIEW Graphical Programming Course

-It is property node for the Image indicator.

Thanks
uday
Message 10 of 21
(5,377 Views)