From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA Module and Windows 10

Dears,

I just want to confirm to you that Labview FPGA Module is working greate on Windows 10 Smiley Happy

I've tested Compiling and deploying on Spartan-6 LX45 and everything is Ok

This was not possible with windows 8
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8FDE6923DA3C069786257A36005C3EEF

Message 1 of 12
(10,936 Views)

Are you compiling locally or through the cloud/compile farm?

It's definitely not a supported configuration but it is interesting to know that it works to some degree at least.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 12
(10,841 Views)

I've tested it locally on CRIO -9076 and on EVS-1460 and it's working on both.

I don't know if it officialy supported or not but it's working 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,630 Views)

I tested on my target (NI 9024 + NI 9118) with some shipped examples and they worked on Windows 10 with Compilation Tool Xilinx 14.7.  

Compilation Tool Vivado 2014.4 also worked. The speed was much beter than Xilinx 14.7 as I saw Vivado 2014.4 used 3.30-4.20GHz on my overclocked PC while Xilinx 14.7 only used 2.00-2.40GHz. Of course, they supported different targets and Xilinx no longer supported Xilinx 14.7.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(10,409 Views)

At NI Week it was mentioned that the Vivado chipset is supported on Windows 10 by Xilinx so I'd assume that means you can compile for those targets on Windows 10.  The good news is also mentioned at NI Week is that anyone with a SSP (comes with new purchases of LabVIEW for support) will have access to the NI cloud compile server for free.  I think this is limited to 5 compiles at a time.  For me this means I probably just won't compile on my local machine anymore.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209927

It states: 

• Available for free to users with active Standard Service Program (SSP) contracts
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(10,304 Views)

Good call on the cloud, I think it is the way to go unless you are using third party IP in which case you need a local compile. 

Hooovahh is correct that it is limited to five simultaneous compiles.  The biggest upside though is all the free space you now have on your hard drive.

ni.com/trycompilecloud

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(10,283 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

The biggest upside though is all the free space you now have on your hard drive.

Yeah that and the time saved doing the install.  Installing all of the Xilinx compilers is probably another 10GB of installed files, and takes about an hour or more.  In the past I've tried streamlining the install, and the new Web installer helps.  But as I said I just don't see a need to do this myself anymore, just send it out.  I haven't tried it yet but it seems convenient.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(10,260 Views)

What version of Windows 10 are you running? 32-bit or 64-bit? The white Page for LabVIEW FPGA Module is not supported for 64-bit, so just wondering. I am having trouble with my compile, and am trying to check which software is causing the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(9,756 Views)

You might want to create a new thread specifically for your issue but the FPGA Module is supported in Windows 10 for 32-bit LabVIEW. What is not supported is any of the compile tools which is why you have to use the cloud or one of your own farm servers.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(9,750 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

did you do the same workaround?:

- copy the "X:\NIFPGA\programs\Xilinx14_7" from Windows 7 (64) to the Windows 10 (64) machine

- run the  "X:\National Instruments Downloads\Software Platform Bundle\Spring 2017\Installer\Distributions\XILINX14.7\Products\NI_FPGA_CompileWorker\FPGAC00\FPGACompileWorker.exe

- maybe the following is necessary: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

😉

thx

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,448 Views)