From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA 2011 Xilinx Compile Tools

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey folks,

I got an email Service Contract notification providing me the download link for Labview 2011 software.  I have installed Labview 2011, FPGA module, NI-RIO 4.0 from the download site.  However, I am unable to compile because the download doesn't appear to have come with the Xilinx toolchain.  Is there a link on the NI support site for retrieving the bundled version?  It will be some time before I can bring the forthcoming install CDs into my lab area, so digital distribution is my best option.... unless it is possible for me to point Labview 2011 at a preexisting Xilinx ISE install on my computer (I have Design Suite 13.1 installed, but I can probably get version 12.5 if there is a way to manually tie the tools in to Labview).

Thanks for your help in figuring this issue out.

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,485 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJMontante

A guy on tech support helped me find the Xilinx 12.4 tools.  I would suggest that the Labview 2011 FPGA install documentation incluide a brief provision in it describing what is necessary if the user is installing from downloaded version.

1.  Install Labview 2011

2.  Install Labview 2011 FPGA

3.  Install NI-RIO 4.0 (ensure you download the right version  ***important because the labview 2011 page posts a 3.8G download of device drivers, which comes with NI-RIO 3.6 which was a massive waste of time to find out it wasn't the right version).  

4.  Install Labview FPGA Module Xilinx 12.4.  http://www.ni.com/downloads/, click drivers for NI hardware, enter 'xilinx' into the search box, click the 2nd item "labview fpga module 2011" link, or use the direct download link: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2592/lang/en

Message 2 of 4
(6,463 Views)

Wanted to second the adding of some sort of warning about needing the compile tools.  I downloaded the entire LabVIEW suite overnight last night, but went to recompile my FPGA project and found I was missing something still.  Thanks to your response JJMontante I found it, but I wasn't expecting another 3GB download!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,374 Views)

Glad I could help, and thanks for the kudos 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,371 Views)