cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA 2011 Xilinx Compile Tools

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey folks,

I got an email Service Contract notification providing me the download link for Labview 2011 software.  I have installed Labview 2011, FPGA module, NI-RIO 4.0 from the download site.  However, I am unable to compile because the download doesn't appear to have come with the Xilinx toolchain.  Is there a link on the NI support site for retrieving the bundled version?  It will be some time before I can bring the forthcoming install CDs into my lab area, so digital distribution is my best option.... unless it is possible for me to point Labview 2011 at a preexisting Xilinx ISE install on my computer (I have Design Suite 13.1 installed, but I can probably get version 12.5 if there is a way to manually tie the tools in to Labview).

Thanks for your help in figuring this issue out.

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJMontante

A guy on tech support helped me find the Xilinx 12.4 tools.  I would suggest that the Labview 2011 FPGA install documentation incluide a brief provision in it describing what is necessary if the user is installing from downloaded version.

1.  Install Labview 2011

2.  Install Labview 2011 FPGA

3.  Install NI-RIO 4.0 (ensure you download the right version  ***important because the labview 2011 page posts a 3.8G download of device drivers, which comes with NI-RIO 3.6 which was a massive waste of time to find out it wasn't the right version).  

4.  Install Labview FPGA Module Xilinx 12.4.  http://www.ni.com/downloads/, click drivers for NI hardware, enter 'xilinx' into the search box, click the 2nd item "labview fpga module 2011" link, or use the direct download link: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2592/lang/en

Message 2 of 4
(6,471 Views)

Wanted to second the adding of some sort of warning about needing the compile tools.  I downloaded the entire LabVIEW suite overnight last night, but went to recompile my FPGA project and found I was missing something still.  Thanks to your response JJMontante I found it, but I wasn't expecting another 3GB download!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,382 Views)

Glad I could help, and thanks for the kudos 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,379 Views)