LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Database Connectivity Toolkit for MACOS

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any database connectivity toolkit for macos? If no, any workaround?

Im trying to connect to oracle database and using SQL to query data.

Thanks for any help! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,286 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cchiat

Not to my knowledge - Heres a starting point for mySQL (not sure which SQL provider you are using).

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Native-LabVIEW-TCP-IP-Connector-for-mySQL-Database/ta-p/349660...

Likely less stress to setup a WIN10 VM on your MAC and use that...?

Regards

Jono

Message 2 of 5
(2,211 Views)

Hi Jono,

Thanks for your reply, the example is very helpful, im using Oracle.

Sadly we have no control over customer environment, we are only releasing .app to them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,206 Views)

Ahh, that's unfortunate LV MAC has much less support for things like this which is a real shame (i personally use a MB Pro every day for development with a WIN VM).

I think if you start with that example and develop your own toolkit, you will get what you need, unfortuantely nothing out of the box. HOWEVER there is a toolkit on VIPM which may do what you need?. https://www.vipm.io/package/sint_technology_lib_db_manager/

Think it may be a paid for toolkit..

Regards

Jono

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,204 Views)

I've been using in the past an ODBC interface for use on Windows and Unix to uniformely interface to databases on both Windows and Linux platforms (Never had the need for development of such applications on Mac). Doing this directly from LabVIEW through the Call Library Node however is a bit of a pain as libODBC/unixODBC on Unix platforms is different enough to the ODBC32.dll on Windows that you end up with a lot of conditional compiled code for these two APIs. So I resolved to developing my own shared library wrapper that isolates these differences and provides a more LabVIEW friendly interface to LabVIEW.

Unfortunately I can not provide you with the sources for this and it is not in a state that it could be sold as a library. It can be done but is a considerable amount of work. And it of course relies on the availability of a working ODBC driver for the database you want to interface to and for the OS platform you want to run this on. In the past this has been a major hurdle as there was basically no officially supported driver for the most demanded database connectivity for Microsoft SQL Server for non-Windows platforms. While Oracle supposedly has such drivers for both Linux and MacOSX, I did pretty much never come across any demand for that.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,199 Views)