LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

ok, in that case it should be safe to just ignore the license expiration warning. We'll see.

Message 101 of 123
(1,275 Views)

Here is how I tried and succeeded in activating it.
I made one modification to HKPhysicist's method.

After deleting all NI products in NI Package Manager, check C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager folder. If that folder is there, delete it.
Then I installed LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition.

Cheers!!!

0 Kudos
Message 102 of 123
(1,226 Views)

@J.H.Watson wrote:

Here is how I tried and succeeded in activating it.
I made one modification to HKPhysicist's method.

After deleting all NI products in NI Package Manager, check C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager folder. If that folder is there, delete it.
Then I installed LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition.

Cheers!!!

*Sigh* it really shouldn't be so difficult, right?  Especially since they are touting the new way of licensing as "simplifying" things.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 103 of 123
(1,218 Views)

I hope so.
Difficulty with the licensing method is a hindrance to the purpose of Community Edition.

J.H

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 123
(1,213 Views)

I was having trouble activating the 2020 Community Edition on a Macbook Pro running macOS Catalina (10.15). What worked for me was temporarily turning off the OS's firewall before launching LabVIEW and attempting to activate. 

0 Kudos
Message 105 of 123
(1,174 Views)

Thank you all for your helping hands! Seems that I now also have a valid license for the add-on packages with the same time frame as the CE main installation. I did nothing special, just sit and wait some weeks...

I find the license manager still very hard to get right.

Again - thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 106 of 123
(1,164 Views)

I have been busy with retirement but it is hot today so I thought I would answer a question to see if I still remember LabVIEW but LV Community edition says it is not licensed.

License manager says nothing licensed.

My profile shows no products.

Anyone know what I have to do te get LV community Edition to open?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 107 of 123
(1,159 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I have been busy with retirement but it is hot today so I thought I would answer a question to see if I still remember LabVIEW but LV Community edition says it is not licensed.

License manager says nothing licensed.

My profile shows no products.

Anyone know what I have to do te get LV community Edition to open?

Ben

Was it ever licensed?  Do you have a VI which demonstrates this issue?  (j/k).  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 108 of 123
(1,148 Views)

On a more serious note, it shows up as LabVIEW Community Edition but not activated in License Manager?  I think all you need to do is activate it using the same account that you downloaded it with.  It's supposed to be so easy, yet there are 11 pages of testimony here that says otherwise...

FYI, after activation it will show Professional as eval as well as all the plugins associated with pro (like application builder), but don't panic (like I did); as long as LabVIEW Community Edition is activated, you'll have access to those plugins as well.

It's my guess that LV Pro is actually a bunch of licenses bundled together, while LV Community Edition is just one license to rule them all.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 109 of 123
(1,135 Views)

Hi, any word on whether LV CE is able to activate on computers without internet access? 

0 Kudos
Message 110 of 123
(1,072 Views)