Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Basic Questions

Solved!
Go to solution

ah ok thanks.

i changed the DAQ inputs to DAQMQ Read.

But now i have 2 different Tasks so my program is slower.

The outputs can stay in DAQ Assistant because thay dont produce dynamic data?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(376 Views)

@nkritsch wrote:

i changed the DAQ inputs to DAQMQ Read.

But now i have 2 different Tasks so my program is slower.

Why?  You can have multiple channels in the same task.

I would do the same for the Outputs.  Put them all in a single task (this is with the assumption that everything is on just a single DAQ board).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(371 Views)

Crossrulez has already said much of what I would say.  One thing I'd like to add is that you can convert a DAQ Assistant Express VI to a normal VI by right clicking and choosing Open SubVI.  This can then show you the code that would normally get ran by the Express VI. 

DAQ Assistant, and Express VIs are limited in what they can do.  Want to change timing mid test?  Well you can't.  Want to stop the task and add some more channels?  Well you can't.  Want to choose what channels to read programatically?  Well you can't.

But if the DAQ Assistant meets your needs, and you never need to add requirements to how data is measured, then DAQ Assistant can be used.  It was wrong of me to say you shouldn't use it.  Just know when it is appropriate to use DAQ Assistant.

Message 13 of 13
(361 Views)