Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Basic Questions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i have 2 Questions:

i want plot some plots like this: http://elektroniktutor.de/bauteilkunde/bt_pict/trkennl.gif

now all my plots have the X in the right position. Can i twist it to the left?

If i negate the X Side its looks ok but the X legend is wrong (because its negative).

I haave seen often in NI Programs that they have an run and stop button.

How can i implement this?

the programm runs all time....with start i start the task and with stop i end the task (but the program will still run)

i only yfound the Funcction "Stop" but it terminate the whole session.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,596 Views)

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,587 Views)

i have done the 3 and 6 hour introduction....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,583 Views)

@nkritsch wrote:

i have done the 3 and 6 hour introduction....

And they didn't teach you to use a stop button?  If you are using the Run Continuous button in the toolbar, stop doing that.  Just use the normal run button.

It would help us diagnose your problem if you posted your code.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,575 Views)

i will do it like : http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~niuguof/2210labdev/html/_images/bjt-iv.png

if i press run...the measure start....if i press stop the measure stops.

But the Program runs all the time.

Using the Buttons "run", "run cont." and "stop" i doont wanted to use

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nkritsch

Hey crossrulz beat me to it.

Back to the posters issues.  Yeah don't do what you code is doing.  Try what I've attached.  It is your program with some improvements.  I think the functionality should be the same.  Just click Run Once.  Then when you want to run click the start button.  To stop click the stop button again, or if the condition is met that normally would stop the VI happens, it will stop on its own.  Also to stop the application click the close button (the red X) like a normal program.  Of course if a test is running the stop will be ignored until the test completes.  You can add your own abort test button if you'd like.

Other general comments.  Don't use dynamic data types, don't use express VIs and DAQ Assistant.  Don't make the block diagram have to scroll in more than one direction.  Don't use run continuous.  Don't use Abort VI toolbar button or primative.

Message 6 of 13
(3,530 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training

Two more useful links that have been recently updated/added

learnni.com (currently just for LabVIEW)

ni.com/gettingstarted (which links to the LabVIEW Basics topic crossrulz suggested)

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

Message 7 of 13
(3,459 Views)

@Jeff-P wrote:

Two more useful links that have been recently updated/added

That is fantastic, I'll be adding it to the list of recommended links for new users I post.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,428 Views)

Hello,

thanks to your code

How do you make it that when you "run" the program the front panel appers on a new window?

why its bad to use DAQ Assistant? in the introduction it was told that we should use it.

do you know how i can tell the XY Graph that i dont want get the Axes (of the X or Y) in the one direction, but in an other direction?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,390 Views)

@nkritsch wrote:

How do you make it that when you "run" the program the front panel appers on a new window?

I'm not sure what you are asking here.

nkritsch wrote:

why its bad to use DAQ Assistant? in the introduction it was told that we should use it.

The DAQ Assistant is good for very quick programs where you are just quickly getting some data and showing it on a graph.  If you need to do any more than that, go to the actual DAQmx API.  The DAQ Assistant has a lot of inefficiencies that doesn't make it good for non-tiny projects.  And its output is a Dynamic Data Type, which we HATE.  The reason we detest the DDT is because it encapsulates the actual data.  You will have no clue what the is just by looking at it.  And we've seen some really messed up code because of that.

nkritsch wrote:

do you know how i can tell the XY Graph that i dont want get the Axes (of the X or Y) in the one direction, but in an other direction?

If you weren't use the DDT, I would likely say to use Transpose 2D Array.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,365 Views)