LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Array of static elements

Hello everyone. Thanks to some previous help I managed to build a vi that is almost complete. There is one final issue that is causing me problems. I created an array that populates with data obtained externally (RESULTS), now I want to compare it to an array of static non-changing data called NOMINAL. However, every time I run the program, the data is overwritten on NOMINAL, to whatever is being send to RESULTS, and getting a constant green boolen indicator. Could somebody please explain what I did wrong?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,756 Views)

Do a diagram cleanup and it will become very obvious to you what is happening.

1. Your Nominal is actually an indicator, not a control.

2. You wired the output of your FOR loop to the Voltage indicator, your Nominal, and both sides of the Greater Or Equal function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(2,743 Views)

Thank you for your help, however, now changing nominal to control and tying the output to the comparator I am getting different errors. I am so sorry to bug you but I am only an electronic tech with little knowledge of programming, just trying to use some logic here. Here is what I am getting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,734 Views)

Still the problem Crossrulz listed as #2.

You need to fix the broken wire.  You've short circuited your >= function with a wire that is causing both inputs to be getting data from 2 different sources.  Clean up the wire and delete the extra branch.  Or delete the entire wire and rewire it the way it should be.

Message 4 of 7
(2,727 Views)

Thank you all, it was not evident to me that there was a short. Fixed it and works. 

Thanks a million. Will definitely take a course in Labview to learn more, it's pretty interesting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,714 Views)

Hello RavensFan, could you explain to me how I can fix the values inside the NOMINAL array. Each time I close and reopen labview, these values are set back to 0 and not the predetermined values I stored. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,700 Views)

Never mind, "make current value default" did the trick. Thank you all once again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,696 Views)