From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview/Arduino bluetooth connection

Solved!
Go to solution

@arteitle wrote:

@arteitleOne correction, you don't have to use a floating point number to get greater precision, just use an integer wider than eight bits. A U16 has a range of 0-65535, which would give you precision of 0.0015%.

Another correction, you can't use a wider integer with the Arduino analogWrite function, because it only accepts an 8-bit (0-255) value.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(619 Views)

Dear all,

Happy new year 2019.

I saw a lot of response on NI forum and makerhub forum and I tried all suggestion but nothing.

I use Linx for programming arduino trough Labview, with USB connection everything is fine it work very well.

"My program work very well with USB connection"

I want to try buetooth connection using "BlueSMIRF" and here the problem.

1) The connection between my laptop and BlueSMIRF is done : I saw fix green light,

2) I open my program LABVIEW and  I saw that COM 8 and COM 9 affected for Bluetooth communication (COM8 and COM9)

3) I tried to upload my program: Diode not blinking==>my program not uploaded

4) I return to Makerhub wizard and I tried to upload again the testing program (exited in Makerhub wizard I change baud rate to 9600); the diode not blinking====>the program not uploaded.

I open devise manager and I checked that the baud rate for these two com is 9600. 

I open NI max for checking the communication with these two com.

COM 8. writing is ok

but I found in 'View attribute"

Is port connected

Error

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

Com  9: reading return error

Read Operation
Error

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

also I found in 'View attribute"

Is port connected

Error

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

This is the program is easy.

If you meet this problem and you find solution, so please post it.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(583 Views)