LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.6 Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error while installing

I am installing Labview 8.6 on my laptop which is having Windows Vista Home premium edition.

When the installation begins an error occurs (after the acceptance of licence step in the installation procedure) with the title on the error window "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library " and displays the program set up path with these statements " This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I am unable to install it on my laptop. Can anybody please help me.

Thank youSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,409 Views)
Could you please post the information of where you got the installer from? Was it a CD, did you download the eval from the site, or any other means? I use a Vista Home Premium Dell Insipron 15xx laptop and I installed the LV 8.6 without any problems. Not very sure why this is happening. Also try running the setup you have on any other machine or os.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,405 Views)

Thank you Nitin, for your swift reply.

I am installing LabView 8.6 from an evaluation DVD. Using the same DVD i could install it on other computer which has Windows Vista Business edition. I dont find any reason for the interruption in installation. Please suggest some solution or an alternative to solve this problem.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,387 Views)
Are Mangalore & chacha123 the same person(s)? Smiley Indifferent
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,382 Views)

hi

You can solve this problem by going to Start » Run and typing Regsvr32 (system folder path)\msi.dll, where "system folder path" is the folder where the msi.dll file resides on your computer.

In Windows Vista, the system folder name is C:\Windows\System32. Press OK.

regards

Ravi

Message 5 of 10
(6,378 Views)

Thanks Ravi,

I tried your solution, but it didnt work. dont know how to proceed now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,362 Views)

Thanks Ravi,

I tried your solution, but it didnt work. dont know how to proceed now.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,362 Views)

hi

broadly the error could be because of two reasons:

1. Runtime Engine exe file is corrupt in the CD you are using to install LabVIEW.

Solution: Download LabVIEW Runtime Engine 8.6 from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1101/lang/en

2. There's some problem with the windows installation in your PC.

Solution: you know 🙂 reinstall windows

But before trying to reinstall, make sure you installed the msi.dll using "Regsvr32 (system folder path)\msi.dll" . I'm sure you did.

thanx

Ravi

Message 8 of 10
(6,345 Views)
I'm not sure of the exact problem, but probably you could try running the setup as an administrator. By administrator I mean the user name administrator, rather than any other person having administrator power. Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,342 Views)

Hi - was there ever a solution found to this problem? I am experiencing the same problem now, with the LVRT 2011 version. I know my installation file is ok, because it works on other PCs. But it does not work on mine. Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,791 Views)