LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.2 OOP

I just viewed the LabVIEW 8.2 OOP Demo. I am currently coding similiar functionality so I am considering upgrading for this project. My project require multiple instances of the same class. Is this supported? As I see it it looks like I would need to create a holder for several of the class control constants. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,745 Views)

Hi,

Yes, you can have multiple instances of a class. Basically, the native classes behaves like clusters as regards when instances are created. There is no explicit "Create". If the wire forks you will have two identical objects. To get several instances you could define an array using your class, each element will be a separate object. Then you could get as many objects as you need by resizing the array.

Thanks,

Jan

www.endevo.se

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,686 Views)
If you haven't seen this document yet, you should check it out. It does assume you have some knowledge of using OOP in LabVIEW, but it also details some more advanced techniques, such as dynamically instantiating objects. It's also a really nice read!
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,678 Views)
This one might also be helpful:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=216094&requireLogin=False

Again, it requires having already read the basic documentation of LabVOOP that ships with LV, but after that it is meant to be an introductory document.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)