LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 7 code, re-write in labview 13 to save as labview 7

Hello,

I have a program written on Labview 7.0.

I want to rewrite it using Labview 13 because I don't have labview 7.0 on my desktop. I cant find the CD for it. Can I write it in 13, save as Labview 7 in the future so I  can use it in the test station with Labview 7.0?

I have labview 8.0 installed now. will install labview 11 and 13.

I will need to save to Labview 7.0 later. Can someone help me if I am not able to come to a solution?

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,817 Views)

My recommendation is to look into getting your system updated.  A LOT has changed since LabVIEW 7 and who knows what will be backwards compatible.  To take it further, you will need to save to 8.0 and then use 8.0 to save back to 7.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(2,783 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

My recommendation is to look into getting your system updated.  A LOT has changed since LabVIEW 7 and who knows what will be backwards compatible.  To take it further, you will need to save to 8.0 and then use 8.0 to save back to 7.

Actually LabVIEW versions 8.0 and earlier only could save one version back. So in order to get 8.20 or higher into 7.0 you would first have to save it as 8.0, then using 8.0 to save it as 7.1 and then using 7.1 to save it as 7.0. 

Do yourself a favor and get your systems updated to a more recent version. You will not like this backsaving vodoo for more than VERY incidental situations at all!!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 6
(2,744 Views)

Untitled.png

I  have labview 8.0 and I don't have that option to save as labview 7.0

😞

I think I need to go to Labview 8.2 or 8.5 in order to save it as labview 7.0

sigh

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,721 Views)

@krispiekream wrote:

Untitled.png

😞

sigh

Is there a save with options lower on the File menu?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,716 Views)

krispiekream wrote:

😞

sigh

actually, as mentioned, you would need 7.1 to save for 7.0  Worse no instrument drivers!

2013 needs at least VISA 5.4 and 5.4 only supports back to 2010

The latest VISA I can find that supports 7.1.1 is 4.4.1 and THAT has no official support for any OS newer than XP

You may just need to upgrade

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 6
(2,715 Views)