LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 7.1 to Labview 2014

When I updated a vi from Labview 7.1 to Labview 2014. I got several error messages, as shown in attached file. Unable to find several Vis: ZI Read One Scan.vi; DIO Port config.vi and DIO Port Write.vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,129 Views)

The functions you are missing seem to be Legacy DAQ functions.  DAQmx came out about the time your code was developed, and is vastly superior to Legacy DAQ in ease of use, speed of developing robust code, odds of having your code work the first time, odds of having your code ever work, etc.

Don't look back!  Learn DAQmx (there are excellent tutorials you can find -- I especially recommend "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Solve 80% of your Data Acquisition Applications" (or words to that effect -- I'm trying to do this from memory, but the first five words in a search should turn up the right NI White Paper).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,124 Views)

You might find this useful in your rewriting of code: Traditional DAQ API

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,105 Views)

The above posters are absolutely correct that you SHOULD ditch those functions and switch to DAQmx.

However, if you can't spend the time learning how to do it right, AND you're running a 32-bit OS, AND the LabVIEW version you're using isn't too new, you can try installing the last version of classic DAQ ever released:

http://download.ni.com/support/daq/pc/ni-daq/traditional/7.5-Beta/TDAQ750.exe

I got it working with LabVIEW 2011, Windows 7 32-bit a few years ago when I had a project I didn't have much time allocated to but needed to update from LabVIEW 7.1.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,095 Views)

Thanks a lot for all of you.  I have DAQmx 14.0 in the computer.  

I am an user, rather than developer. I try to find an relatively simple way to convert an old vi to another computer which have LabVIEW 2014 and DAQmx 14.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,090 Views)

If you have a good idea what the Legacy DAQ is supposed to be doing (for example, "Set up A/D conversion for 16 Channels, continuous sampling, all the Channels set to ±10V, collecting data at 1KHz.  Also read an 8-bit Digital I/O port 10 times a second ...").  Once you know the task, learning to set up DAQmx to do this is pretty simple (and we are also here to help you if you get stuck).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,079 Views)