LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I generate a trigger (out) when a digital output happens in DAQ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I was trying to perform a digital output from a DAQ, and what is the difficulty for me is that I want to have a trigger generated when this digital output is happening. 

Is there anyway that I can achieve this?  I tried " signal export" under "start trigger" option. It does not seem to work.

Many thanks!

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,123 Views)

Hi Baoqing,

why don't you use the very same (start) trigger to start your "digital output" and whatever you want to trigger too?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,117 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I could do that which should also do the job. I was just curious about TIGGER OUT function in labview DAQmx.

Best regards,

Baoqing

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,110 Views)

The way I do this is to run a "physical wire" (meaning a piece of copper covered by some insulation) from the Digital Out port of my device to the Trigger In port.  Some hardware allow you do create such "wiring" within the device, itself, but when in doubt, electrons will flow through copper ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,084 Views)

Lol smart idea. While on my side I find out that signal export does work! Try that if you want.

Cheers

Baoqing

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,071 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Baoqing

Hi Gerd

It turned out that signal export works! It was just I didn't catch the trigger signal in the oscilloscope.

Cheers

Baoqing

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,070 Views)