LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2016 bad performance on Windows 10

A week ago Windows 10 installed.
As with Windows 7 I use LabVIEW 2016.

I notice, that the performance in development and execution staggers and jerks. That was not the case with Windows 7.

This makes operation difficult. Is there an option to improve that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,414 Views)

Is this on the same exact computer? Did you upgrade the OS or do a fresh install of windows 10?

Did you do all the OS updates? Windows 10 might be sluggish for a while until everything is updated. Is the computer reasonably spec'd or very old (e.g. sufficient RAM)?

Are you using any unusual antivirus or security software?

Are these plain LabVIEW programs or do they involve hardware and third party drivers?

Is the HD very full?

What else is running on the PC? The W10 task manager is very informative and detailed.

Is the problem with all LabVIEW programs or just with one?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,390 Views)

It is the same computer with a new SSD and fresh installation of Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 (Build 17134.950).

The computer should be sufficient: i7-4800MQ@2,7 GHz and 16GB RAM with the antivirus software trend micro officescan

It is the simple LabVIEW 2016 on D as on Windows 7.

There are 26GB free space an HD (Samsung SSD 850 EVO).

The scrolling in the block diagram and on the front panel takes 15% CPU load. Not much, but it jerks and is delayed by 2 seconds. The behavior is in the development and run mode, so in all LabVIEW programs. Energy option stands for maximum performance.

Even the mounting of the LabVIEW window (block diagram and front panel) jerks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,326 Views)

The exe also jerks. On another Windows 10 computer it runs smoothly .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,303 Views)

OK, so it is just graphical and based on qualitative observations. (i.e. not a benchmark for calculations. for example). See if there is an update for the graphics driver or similar.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,273 Views)

Yeah, it shouldn't be such a big difference, and since the thing that's changed is the OS i bet it's an OS issue. How's the driver situation? If you don't have a fitting graphics driver it can be really sluggish.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,267 Views)

The drivers were old (2015), but the current drivers (2019) did not improve the condition. Hope the computer I will get in december does not have that behavior. This makes LabVIEW less fun and less productive.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,230 Views)

@Rokot wrote:

The drivers were old (2015), but the current drivers (2019) did not improve the condition.

Didn't you say you did a clean install of windows 10? How can the drivers be old? (Did you insert an old driver CD/DVD that came with the system originally? Usually a bad idea...)

Is there anything unusual in the device manager? (hardware with question marks, etc.). How about the mouse driver? USB drivers?

Is the computer BIOS possibly old. Maybe there is an update that makes it more compatible with windows 10?

Are you using software disk encryption?

Did you check the HDs for errors?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,215 Views)

The installation was carried out by the company network. I do not know what driver exactly was installed.

Have now installed the current drivers for the device from Fujitsu, but also no improvement.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,189 Views)

This issue is most likely not related to LabVIEW. I had a similar issue. A wild guess: try disconnecting the network cable. It could be the antivirus policy that has this effect. It may sound weird but that has happened to me. Everything ran perfectly except when the network cable was put in on any of the customer's PCs. It turned out that it was something with the antivirus policy when connected to the company network that totally hogged our application. If your application writes data to files on disk, especially if it is often and the files are large and/or many, that could be the reason.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 10 of 11
(2,183 Views)