LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2015, Excel select data within the range to the Work Sheet.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, guys.

I have a question about deal with data in Excel,

I had determine two cell's address(eg A1, C20), then select the data(eg. within A1 to A20 and C1 to C20) to other sheet(or table).

Thx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,533 Views)

Is your requirement is to copy contents of specified range from one sheet to another sheet?

how do you want to achive that? 1.ActiveX 2.Report Generation ToolKit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,529 Views)

PalanivelT 已写:

Is your requirement is to copy contents of specified range from one sheet to another sheet?

Yes, one sheet to another sheet, other I want to use ActiveX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,522 Views)

Please find the attached Files, I am working on it to create a excel using activex for all the sceanarios but its in progress

but it is sufficient for your requirement i hope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,514 Views)

PalanivelT 已写:

Please find the attached Files, I am working on it to create a excel using activex for all the sceanarios but its in progress

but it is sufficient for your requirement i hope.

Thank you, Palanivel T, I try to use the files to solve my problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,511 Views)

Its an single run VI you need to call the same  VI sequentially by providing options in proper order.

Open Excel

Create Workbook

Open WorkBook  etc.,

Close Ref once your job is done.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,508 Views)

@Erbin wrote:

PalanivelT 已写:

Yes, one sheet to another sheet, other I want to use ActiveX.

I'm guessing that you don't have access to the Report Generation Toolkit.  To do what you propose is pretty simple using the RGT ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erbin

There is no need to import the range value to LabVIEW and then to write it back to Excel if you use the Range.Copy method. Here's how to use this method (I used the RGT vis to open Excel and to get the Excel.Application ActiveX reference, it was faster to validate the code of interest)

Ben64

Excel Copy Range.png 

Message 8 of 11
(4,458 Views)

Hi, there is a easier way to do get the data you want: just use Excel Get Data.vi in the RGT->Excel specific. You just need to specify the start cell and the end cell.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,443 Views)

That's easier if they want to purchase a license.  It sounds like they don't have access given they stated they wanted to work with ActiveX over the RGT

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,437 Views)