LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 activex container Excel 2007

Hello All,

How do you get LabVIEW 2010 64bit, Windows 7, Excel 2007 to appear in a container?  When I try to insert an activex object in a container excel is nowhere to be seen.  I have already gone into excel Trust Center and enabled all controls which did not work.

Regards,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,368 Views)

Excel doesn't have an ActiveX control. It has an ActiveX interface allowing you to programmatically open/create workbooks, but no visual control.

There is a separate Microsoft Spreadsheet control, but that does not read/write Excel workbooks. As noted in my response in the link I provided you could also use a browser ActiveX control to embed an Excel spreadsheet. This would be the same as embedding an Excel spreadsheet in, say, Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,365 Views)

Using an activeX control is exactly how I used to do this.  The link to the examples in the post do not work on a XP windows machine, Office 2007 and LV 2010.  Have you tried to do this lately?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,273 Views)

I am also having the same problem. I am using LabVIEW 2010 32 bit and Microsoft Office 2007 and I cannot see spreadsheet control under ActiveX container.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,090 Views)

That's because the spreadsheet control is not part of Office 2007. It's a separate component that is part of the Office Web Components. Microsoft discontinued these with Office 2007. You can download them separately from Microsoft's web site. Note: the spreadsheet control is NOT an Excel ActiveX control. It's a completely different beast.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,079 Views)