cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 Compiled Exe 2d Graph Problem under windows 11

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Using LabView 2010 SP1. Created small application (compiled to EXE) that plots 2D Graphs.

Running under a VMware Workstation VM Windows 11 Guest, everything is OK. 2D Graphs has smooth Transitions.

Accelerated Graphics is disabled for this VM Guest  (Windows 11)

Installing the same app (exe) under windows 11 host, the 2 D graphs looks horribly Jagged as shown in the enclosed .PNG file.

Changing Windows 11 setting might be a solution, but the App is supposed to be distributed to users that may not have knowledge on how to change particular Windows 11 settings.

Note: Changing to another version of LabView is NOT an option, as this App is part of a Huge system with > 2000 VIs developed over 10+ years

Any help would make me happy!

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(409 Views)

It would be nice if you could show the original plot as well.  Preferably plotting the same data.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(390 Views)

Smooth Graph of same data enclosed

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author geirove

Very interesting!  I don't think this is a graphics issue, but how the data are being plotted.  Note that there are two plots that step by exactly one degree.  Offhand, I'd say the data are being coerced.

Unfortunately, I don't understand why that would happen, but maybe that will give you a clue on where to look in the code.

Edit: Actually I do know.  It's a localization issue.  Note that, in one graph, the decimal is a dot, in the other, it is a comma.  This would definitely affect how fractional numbers are handled!  From this, I gather that you are actually reading in the values as text and converting to number.  That is where you will have to make it decimal agnostic.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 5
(367 Views)

Hello,

Your suspicion is spot on: I found that this is exactly what happens:

I use a JKI library to read data, and I suspect it defaults to using "." as decimal separator or the Local decimal separator which is "," in Norway.

I change my code to always write & reading floats using "." to avoid the problem.

Should have posted my finding earlier today, but I haven't been on this forum for many years, and was not even able to find my own posts.

Finally found it, and saw your reply. 

The jagged lines was caused by the fact that all time entries (x-axis) was rounded down so the decimal part was removed.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

Geir Ove
Message 5 of 5
(338 Views)