LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2009 Bluetooth Windows Mobile 6.5 Problem

Hi,

I am fairly new to LabVIEW and for a school project I have to use the LabVIEW mobile module which, after days of trying, is still giving me problems. I have to use LabVIEW to establish a connection between a mobile measuring device and a smartphone w/ Windows Mobile 6.5. The LabVIEW app on the smartphone has to receive data sent by the measuring device via a bluetooth connection.

To start, I have tried to establish a connection between the smartphone and a computer. The main problem is that the bluetooth VI's and the serial compatible VI's don't seem to work on the smartphone, just nothing happens, no devices are found (even though there are plenty of discoverable BT enabled devices around), no connection to the computer can be made etc

Now, to begin with, I have read that Windows Mobile 6.5 isn't officially supported by LabVIEW. Is this true and does this mean that it can't work at all?

Or are there ways to get it to work? It would be great if someone has a working example which makes a connection between the smartphone and a computer.

Other info:

*Bluetooth works on both the devices

*Connection FROM computer TO phone works (i.e: I can discover the phone and open a connection) 

Using another OS or phone is not an option, since this is the only one we have here.

Thanks for reading (and hopefully replyingSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,253 Views)

Dear m3nl4l,

I noticed some similar problems with using WM 6.5 and Bluetooth with Labview Mobile Module. You are correct that Windows mobile is officialy unsupported, and I can't say if it will be supported in the future. Some customers got arround this issue by using a virtual com port. I hope this will work for you,

best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,198 Views)