From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labiew Runtime on Ubuntu Linux

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a LabVIEW application that I have developed and run in the LabVIEW development environment on Linux.  I compiled it on linux using the application builder.  That all worked great. 

The problem is that the runtime is not found despite being installed when I try to run the compiled application.  I realize that Ubuntu is not officially supported.  I have tried adding symbolic links as suggested in the link below from 2007.  

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Installing-Linux-Runtime/m-p/558739#M262408 

The error that I am getting is

"Can't find library libNILVRuntimeManager.so
Make sure this library is installed in your LD_LIBARY_PATH

search path, or in /usr/lib64"

There is also a similar message for liblvrt.so.20.0.

I'm somewhat tied to Ubuntu because of some other software needed for the project.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,935 Views)

You failed to mention your LabVIEW version. What is it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,909 Views)

Sorry for leaving that detail out.  Its LabVIEW 2020. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,904 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author garrett.anderson

I fixed the problem and wanted to post the solution.  The symbolic link approach in the link in the original post fixed the problem, but the problem was that it was looking for liblvrt.so.20.0.  The runtime installs liblvrt.so.20.0.0.  I had to create a symbolic link in the /usr/lib64 folder that points /usr/lib64/liblvrt.so.20.0 to liblvrt.so.20.0.0 in the /usr/local/lib64/..... folder. 

I hope this helps someone else down the road.  Thanks for taking the time to help me out. 

Message 4 of 4
(1,870 Views)