LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Columns in Text File

Still new to labview and learning - but having difficulty labeling the heading of the columns when writing to text file. I am trying to seperate 13 columns of text and tried a few solutions I have found on the boards, but not having any luck. All help is greatly appreciated.

I am also having problems where I have to delete the root directory address (C:/) before running the VI otherwise I get an error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,285 Views)

Without the datafile info.vi we cannot tell what you are writing to the header.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,268 Views)

Agreed, we need to see the datafile info VI to help you out with your headers.

For clarification, where in your program do you need to delete the root directory address?  What error do you get?

Patrick W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,248 Views)

Here is the file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,241 Views)

It looks to me that all you need to do is create a string that is a tab delimited list of your headers and write it to the file.  Do this after the initial header/metadata is written.  This process is just like where you are formating the data and writing to the file.

Now with your other probelm, what happens when you don't delete the file beforehand (specifically, what error)?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,231 Views)

now what is your problem...format of the file? what is it that you want when you say headers? can you post a sample text file of what you want it to look like...this is your code and what it outputs, also put a wait(ms) function in your while loop (your using 100% of your cpu).Example_VI_BD.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,214 Views)