LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to call "Edit VISA resource" window from run-time shortcut menu

Hope somebody is able to help me

When editing my application I have "Edit VISA resource" menu item.
 You can see it on the first picture

But when I turm on run-time shortcut menu and run the application I\d like to get same menu item directing me to VISA resource settings window.

Is it possible or not?

How can I call different MAX components programmatically? I can invoke MAX with ActiveX, but I can not find how can I invoke exactly "Edit VISA resource" window...

Thanks to anybody for any help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,302 Views)

@comper wrote:

Hope somebody is able to help me

When editing my application I have "Edit VISA resource" menu item.
 You can see it on the first picture

But when I turm on run-time shortcut menu and run the application I\d like to get same menu item directing me to VISA resource settings window.

Is it possible or not?

How can I call different MAX components programmatically? I can invoke MAX with ActiveX, but I can not find how can I invoke exactly "Edit VISA resource" window...

Thanks to anybody for any help!

Not sure it is a good idea to be editing VISA resources while the VI is running.  I'm not even sure it's "legal" which might explain why it isn't there.  If all you want to to is be able to change which equipment to talk to, maybe it's best to just to have a VISA resource control and have the user select from there, or maybe a ring control with pre-defined VISA resources.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,286 Views)

Is there a reason you want to do this?

You can select different resources from the drop down.  And if you want to change things like settings, you can do that with the VISA Configure Serial  Port.vi to programmatically change settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,285 Views)

I want to do this because it's very handy to reach fast port settings and to get to visa test panel.

Actually I need visa test panel even more.

My main progran will be stopped while port settings window is opened...so everything should work fine 😃

So does anybody know how to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,268 Views)

No.

Your best bet is to use the VISA configure serial port like I said and you can see in the VISA serial examples in the Example Finder.

What you think is going to be faster by mixing and matching MAX with LabVIEW really won't be.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,250 Views)