LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView installation

Long story short: I had some troubles with my LabView version so had to delete it manually, deleting files from my computer. Now I can't install any oficial or pirate version. What do I do, I really need to use it, but I cant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(820 Views)

The easiest option is to do a clean reinstall of the OS, it is not recommended to uninstall manually such complex software.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(804 Views)

It's either 1. very bold or 2. very stupid to come onto the company's forum and ask why you can't install a pirated version of their software.  I don't know why a pirated version would install any differently than an official version, or why you would have a pirated copy when you also have an official copy.  The more I think about it, I'm leaning toward number 2. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(794 Views)

Oh, I didn't realize you mentioned "pirated", looks like you're a student. We don't encourage or support any sort of pirated activities.

Apart from that, to get the legal official version working, since you messed up your old version by manually deleting files, you need to start with a fresh system (OS).

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(780 Views)

As someone who has had a lot of experience installing and uninstalling LabVIEW, and who once (well, twice, but who's counting?) tried to "forcibly remove LabVIEW", I am pretty sure that you will need to do the following:

1. Back up what can be backed up from your PC's C: drive.
  2. Gather Installation media for everything you have (or want) on your "new" PFormat the entire C: drive (which erases everything on it).
  3. Reinstall your licensed (I hope) copy of Windows.
  4. Reinstall all the other licensed application.
  5. Reinstall your Profiles and data.

Now you are in a position to install LabVIEW.  You will need a LabVIEW license.  LabVIEW installation can be challenging -- see if you can find an experienced LabVIEW user to help you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(701 Views)