From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView executable showing a SidebySide error on statup

Hi everyone!

I'm here due I have already make a lot of tries in order to resolve this issue, the error I'm having is on a modified version of the simple TestStand UI, the behavior is really weird, below each symptom and the thing I have done so far:

1.-The error that I'm seeing is the one shown on picture "SidebySide_error".

2.-This error not always appear, I have noticed that it appears most of the times either after restarting the pc or when the application hasn't been used for a while, but if the error appears, after closing the error message and re-opening the executable it works OK several times.

3.-I had take a look to the registry as described on many posts to set the highest version of C++ redistributable as the default, it was OK.

4.-The details of the error is as shown on picture "SidebySide_error_details".

5.-In an attempt, I uninstalled all versions of the C++ redistributable and only left the one that was stated as default on the registry... see picture "SidebySide_C++_versions" as reference.

6.-It looks like it is something specific to the modified version, I have re-compiled the original simple TestStand UI and I have ran it several times without issues.

7.-I don't think it is TestStand engine related due it components haven't changed that much, it looks something related to LabView, but I can't be sure.

8.-I have ran the application on a second pc with just the runtime engine, same results.

The PC is a Windows 7 64 bits, LabView 2015 SP1 15.0.1f1.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,670 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,649 Views)

Hi aCe! Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

No I didn't try that, but, just did it, and not sure how to interpret the file, I will have to look deeply on it... any obvious issue?... please see attached.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,627 Views)

Just adding...

I wonder if the long path to the file (it is a network located executable) may be realated to the error. I just copied the executable folder locally on the pc desktop, and I ran the application several times without issues, after that I ran the application on the network and the error appeared. I will give it more tries on this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,613 Views)