From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView crashes whenever a reference is created

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am having troubles with creating references within the trial version of LabView NXG 2.1, specifically with the enum, ring, and sometimes listbox references. At first I thought it was my code that raised the error, but I have even tried starting brand new VI's that only have, for example, an enum terminal in them, and about three seconds after I create a reference for the item, the LabView crashes. I would love to be able to use these features because I want to write and read data to and from them while using them for users to select data, but I simply cannot. Another bit I found weird is that I can load example VI's that have these kinds of references but I just cannot create my own. Attached is the error message I keep getting. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Derian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,170 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author derianw

NXG is still under Development.   I would install the latest version and see if the issue was fixed. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(2,162 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

I was hoping that wasn't the issue but I guess that does make sense. Considering I have the trial version and it is expiring next week, I think I might just tough it out and find workarounds. I appreciate your help on the matter though!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,111 Views)