LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView cannot recognize the DAQ PCI-6220

I have encountered a problem with labView software which is connected to a data acquisition device called profilometer through a data acquisition board of PCI-6220 type.

The problem happened when the computer crashed and then we had to replace it with new one and re-install the software. The previous operating system was windows XP whereas the current is windows 7.

Unfortunately, ever since we have replaced the computer the labView cannot recognize the device anymore. Furthermore, we search for devices in NI MAX we cannot find it.

We have tried to install different versions of labView but with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,359 Views)
Installing different versions of LabVIEW is not relevant to MAX listing a DAQ device. The only thing that matters is DAQmx. What version did you install?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,349 Views)

I have installed the NI DAQmx 9.5.5.

Is the operating system version (shifting from XP to windows 7) not relevant as well

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,333 Views)

No, that is relevant for MAX to see the hardware. 9.5.5 is supported on Win7.

I probably should not have said the version of LabVIEW is irrelevant. For MAX to detect the hardware, it does not matter which version of LabVIEW you have. You don't need LabVIEW at all for MAX to detect the hardware. What you do have to determine is whether the version of LabVIEW you use is compatible with the version of DAQmx. The list is here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,328 Views)