From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Traffic Light signal processing and measurement

Hello,I'm new with LabView.I have a student project with traffic light.I want to process it's signal and measure it.Can someone help is it possible to do it or not? And if it is possible can someone explain it to me or send me an example how to do it Thanks in advance. How to do it in this project that i found here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,206 Views)

@Labi2501 wrote:

Hello,I'm new with Matlab.I have a student project with traffic light.I want to process it's signal and measure it.Can someone help is it possible to do it or not? And if it is possible can someone explain it to me or send me an example how to do it Thanks in advance. How to do it in this project that i found here?

If you want a matlab solution, you probably should not post in the LabVIEW forum. (If you want to use LabVIEW, it would be important to know how familiar you are with LabVIEW.)

Where did you find the attached VI? Maybe there is more information where you found it? It basically is a simple state machine that is somewhat flawed because of the relatively long waits. I would probably spin the loop at a constant rate and switch states according to elapsed time.

Is this part of a course? Homework?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,195 Views)

Hello,I found it in a forum that was posted about 10 years ago,that's why I didn't ask there. If you can help I would appriciate it. I'm working on a school project with Matlab and Labview but I'm a noob in Labview. I asked if it is possible or not to do an measurement and process of traffic light signal.And I posted this example so somebody could help me with that and can change anything in this file.So I can see and learn how to do it.If you can help something it would be great.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,183 Views)

Sorry,I made a mistake.In my mind I was writing Labview but here I wrote Matlab.I corrected the mistake. The question is about Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,178 Views)

@Labi2501 wrote:

I asked if it is possible or not to do an measurement and process of traffic light signal.

It is not clear at all what you want to do. What do you want to measure and process?

Your attached VI simulates a traffic light,  nothing to do with measuring and processing? Are you for example trying to point a color camera at the front panel and process the video to detect the light changes? Please be much more specific.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,162 Views)

I want to do a graph at any point of this.For example when the color of traffic light changes or when I click the switch.It doesn't matter where it is as soon as the graph apears.Maybe I'm not clear at all but I'm beginner at Labview.I didn't knew before that with Labview it was possible to do a measurement or processing of a signal.I believe that is a signal that comes and put to work all the lights and things.If at any point of it I can make a signal processing or a measurement of something or a graph it would be amazing. Is it possible to do something about it or not?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,152 Views)

The project I have to do is something like this that i posted here.I believe that after a time a will do it with a camera to detect colors.Maybe with this project I can't do a signal processing or a measurement of anything.I just wanted to ask if that would be possible or not. What signal block can i put in a project to do a signal processing and measure it in Labview? Maybe i'm just writing stupid questions but this is because I don't have any experience in Labview.Thanks for your replys.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,149 Views)

Hi Labi,

@Labi2501 wrote:

just wanted to ask if that would be possible

Yes.

@Labi2501 wrote:

Maybe i'm just writing stupid questions but this is because I don't have any experience in LabVIEW.

It seems you don't have experience to explain the problem with simple words, no matter which programming environment is to be used...

@Labi2501 wrote:

What signal block can i put in a project to do a signal processing and measure it in Labview?

You can use all of them!

Again: you need to describe the problem much better to be able to develop an algorithm to solve it...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,114 Views)

It's a traffic light.

1. Lights are sequenced on and off at regular intervals
  2. The intervals can be changed by lane sensor inputs

What kind of signal processing and measurements can you make? 

The only thing I can even think of that you could do as far as analysis with LabVIEW would be to monitor all the "lights" and "lane sensors" and use a Digital Waveform Graph to create a timing diagram for various traffic scenarios.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,082 Views)

How to do that? Any advice or example?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,061 Views)