LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Signal Tester

I am creating a LabView Signal tester for my electrical engineering systems project. We are using an external board (Teensy 4.1) to interface with LabView and our other signal conditioning electronics. 

I need help with making a LabView file that will create a waveform sampled at the desired rate (16kSPS is what were are aiming to use) and will send those samples to the Teensy board, serially. I cannot just create the waveform and send all the samples at once (or at least I would like to not have to). I would like to continuously feed the Teensy board sequential samples of the waveform for as long as the simulation is running.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(713 Views)

Hi Xerxes,

what have you tried and where are you stuck?

Which communication bus is used between your computer and that Teensy?

@Xerxes512 wrote:

I need help with making a LabView file that will create a waveform sampled at the desired rate (16kSPS is what were are aiming to use)

You don't want to send 16k samples one after the other per second. You surely want to transfer them in reasonable sized blocks of data…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(668 Views)

The board and pc are connected via USB so I have been using the VISA blocks for communication. What is the best way to get LabVIEW to generate blocks of samples to send? I have had no luck in using the waveform generator block. I am not savvy in any regard when it comes to LabVIEW so I'd like any ideas for how to get the kind of behavior I am describing out of LabVIEW. I've had the idea of generating a signal in LabVIEW, sending a single period's worth of samples for the board to then just repeat forever until LabVIEW gives it a new waveform to send. The original idea for the project, however, was to have LabVIEW continuously generate data for the board to send out. Again, I do not know what I am doing so any help with this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(636 Views)