LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabView

I am trying to install labview on several machines here on campus. They gave me a serial number that worked on the 2020 version. I have never done this install before. The install seems to go fine and it prompts me to reboot. Once I reboot it I try to run the software and it prompts me to enter the serial number. When I enter the serial number I get the message that it is an invalid serial number.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(575 Views)

@diverseco1 wrote:

I am trying to install labview on several machines here on campus. They gave me a serial number that worked on the 2020 version. I have never done this install before. The install seems to go fine and it prompts me to reboot. Once I reboot it I try to run the software and it prompts me to enter the serial number. When I enter the serial number I get the message that it is an invalid serial number.

A couple things come to mind...

1. A serial number for LabVIEW 2020 will only work for LabVIEW 2020
  2. Is the serial number actually licensed for more than one installation?
    1. I don't know how educational licensing works but I do know every time you activate an installation the serial number is checked.
    2. It's possible it was not licensed correctly and now NI has flagged it as a "leaked" serial number so it is no longer valid.
  3. I think you need to call NI to clear this up.
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(546 Views)