From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView NXG Community - Actor Framework - Abstract Messages Crash

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i get a error, when i try to create an abstract message in Labview NXG Community 5.0.0 (64 bit)

1. I open LabView NXG Community
  2. I create the project template "actor framework"
  3. I take a right click on a actor and create a abstract message
  4. I name it "Test"
  5. Click Create
  6. Labview NXG is crashed with the error code: 0xDEADBEEF

When take a look in the crash log file log_a8d803e5-46f3-408e-9d8c-64396e329021.txt -> Error: Illegal character in path

i do not understand what i do wrong.

i attach the crash log files.

Thank you for help,

Anton Beu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,905 Views)

Apparently you have an illegal character in your path.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,859 Views)

Yes that is correct, but i think it is not normaly that when i use a template and try to create an abstract message that NXG is crashing.
Which path has an illegal character? I can not see it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,854 Views)

Maybe it is connected with the issue that i can not save projects at my NAS, when i try to save it, i got a error, that i do not have the permission for this path. But every other programm can save files under this path. 

But, when i save a project at C:/ the issue with the abstract message is still there.
My Documentes folder is at my NAS, maybe there is the issue?
Path for the My Documents is \\AlicePeter\home\Dokumente.
Can LabView NXG not handle network paths?
In LabView 2020 i do not have these issues.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,844 Views)

Interesting.  Unfortunately, I'm only a fledgling when it comes to NXG.  I don't know the answer.  Not yet, at least.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,783 Views)

Is the instantiated template saved? When it's just created it might not have a path at all.

Long shot...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,726 Views)

When i save the template under C:\Test and try to create an abstract message Labview NXG still crashing

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,723 Views)

BTW your email is in 108e7201-69b7-4ab7-8fdc-3a69a1d6a19b.txt ‏1 KB.

Noting else is in there, I'd ask a moderator to remove it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,719 Views)

It could be regional? You're computer seems to be German. It shouldn't matter, but it could explain why you're the first to notice. Or perhaps nobody tried.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,716 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Handmann

Oh, Thank you for that hint.

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

It could be regional? You're computer seems to be German. It shouldn't matter, but it could explain why you're the first to notice. Or perhaps nobody tried.

Yeah, you are right. My PC is German. I switch the Language from Automatic to English now i can create a abstract message without any crash.

Only i am still unable to save files to my NAS. But this is not a big problem for now.

Message 10 of 12
(1,711 Views)