LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Installation in Linux (Ubuntu 16)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to install LabView on Linux Operating System (Ubuntu 16). I found different setup files to install, but those didn't supports Ubuntu.

Link is: http://www.ni.com/en-lb/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html#313314

I already downloaded run-time file (Screenshot attached) and also changed .rpm packages to .deb and installed on Ubuntu. But i don't know how to run LabView in Ubuntu onward from installation, as it didn't show the icon of LabView in applications.

I have projects files with extension filename.vi which i want to run on LabView (Ubuntu). Kindly suggest me solution to use my LabView project files on Ubuntu or installation of LabView on Ubuntu.

Note: My resources are limited (Memory and RAM), so i can't use virtual machine. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,747 Views)

abuzar963,

As you note, LabVIEW is not compiled or tested with the Ubuntu distribution. Therefore, I recommend staying with one of the supported operating systems, especially to avoid having problems down the road in case the package were to install in the machine.

More information:

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,671 Views)
Solution
Accepted by abuzar963

I have Installed the LabView 2018 for Ubuntu, by converting .rpm packages to .deb using "Alien" command.

Install Full version of LabView for Linux from here. 

The download is a zip-file. Unzip it with Archive Manager or on the command line:

unzip -x labviewlinux.zip
cd LabVIEW61Linux/

Convert all the included .rpm packages to .deb packages:

sudo apt-get install alien fakeroot
fakeroot alien labview61-app-6.1-1.i386.rpm
fakeroot alien labview61-rte-6.1-1.i386.rpm       

(repeat for all the .rpm files you would like to install) You can now install the new .deb files by double-clicking on them, or on the command line:

sudo dpkg -i labview61-app_6.1-2_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i labview61-rte_6.1-2_i386.deb

You can now throw away the rpm files or the whole LabVIEW61Linux directory. You may want to keep your new .deb files in case you need to reinstall or use them on another Ubuntu/Debian computer.

Final Step: Scroll to the following directory 

/usr/local/

Browse to /natinst/LabView-201x-xx/labview

Message 3 of 4
(10,639 Views)

When the .deb version of *|Ubuntu packages is ready?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,390 Views)