LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Freezes (serial port)

My LabView freezes everytime i try selecting serial port. I already tried reinstalling it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,603 Views)

picture of code (rather than the code, itself, in the form of a .VI file) is not very helpful.  What would be helpful is a picture of the "Software" listing from MAX -- this would tell us what version of LabVIEW you have installed, what Drivers are installed, etc.

There seem to be some "non-NI" functions in your "picture".  Again, with a VI, we could at least (probably) get the name of the function ...

Have any of your classmates tried doing anything similar?  Do they have the same problems?  Can you get "local" help from someone who can "poke around"?

Also, what is the "it" that you reinstalled?  LabVIEW?  Drivers?  Third-party software?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,586 Views)

This would appear to be a driver and/or system configuration issue.  I would start by uninstalling VISA and MAX (Measurement and Automation eXplorer) and then reinstall.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,558 Views)

I faced this problem in the past.

Apparently when the USB has some noise, or that you sink to much current from the Arduino, you will face this issue.

1- make sure you use a usb cable like this one USB cableUSB cable

2- Review how much power you sink from the Arduino

3- Add noise filtering to your circuit especially if you use motor, relays and other inductive load.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,535 Views)

@davidjren wrote:

i can't download it ! help me

What is "it" and what does it have to do with this discussion? What are you trying to download and what error do you get when you do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,528 Views)

@davidjren wrote:

Oh. I download sad.jpg 

So it worked or not?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,484 Views)