From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView/Arduino Help !

This is my first post, not sure if this is the right place for something like this. I am working on a project. It has certain specifications. 

REQUIREMENTS

- Runs on LabVIEW 2020
- Interact with external hardware (at least one)
          1)  Arduino
          2)  Test equipment, bench top
          3)  National Instruments devices
          4)  Others
- Needs its own custom icon decoration.
- Project must contain documentation.
          1)  What does the project do or what is the problem you are trying to solve?
          2)  How do you operate the VI?
          3)  What hardware is required to interact with your VI and how is it connected.
- Must contain at least one user created subVI, with new icon and connection palette.
- Must use at least two structures.
          1)  CASE statement
          2)  FOR loop
          3)  WHILE loop
- Must contain two out of four of the following items.
          1) strings
          2) files
          3) charts/graphs
          4) MATLAB or other scripts

With this being said. I have my Ultrasonic sensor working with my Arduino. That part is okay. So I have met the first requirement and used 1 of the 2 structures. I am wanting to power 3 LED's in this project. I want one to be on always.The second I want on around the 5 inch mark ( or roughly that since I am using pulse widths). The third I want on at the 10 inch mark ( or roughly that since I am using pulse widths). The I want them to shut back off when the distance gets closer to the sensor. Basically I am making a level sensor. When 3 LED's are on it will indicate the object is far away. when 2 are on its half way there and only having one on indicates the system is just on and running. Below I posted what I have. I am struggling figuring out how to activate the LED's while meeting the requirements. Advice and inputs/examples would be so helpful ! Thanks !!

Image 1.jpgImage 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(621 Views)