From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2016

i am new with labview, all i am trying to do is setup a input card with 11 inputs (0-10vdc) to 11 different displays on a screen. why is this difficult? could someone send me an example for me to work off. thanks anyone!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,526 Views)

In LabVIEW go to Help->Find Examples.  There are many in there for simple analog inputs using DAQmx.  Once you have the data, it is just a matter of using Index Array to get each channel's data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(2,525 Views)

i was told to use the signal split and it would pick the input per the location on the splitter. thanks for your feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,432 Views)

Ah, your Instructor is using the Dreaded DAQ Assistant and its Evil Twin, the Dynamic Data Wire.  That's too bad -- DAQmx is so easy to learn (particularly when paired with a demonstration of MAX, its Test Panels, and its ability to build Tasks that encompass most of the functionality you need for Data Acquisition).  NI has excellent tutorials on DAQmx -- one of my favorites is "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80% of your Data Acquisition Applications", or words to that effect (do a Web search for "Learn 10 Functions" and you'll find it).

You can define a DAQ Task (in MAX) that will group the 11 channels together, can specify the input range of your signals, the sampling rate, sampling mode, and number of samples.  Your entire program then consists of 4 functions:  Start Task, DAQmx Read (N Channels, N Samples), Stop Task, and Clear Task, with a While Loop around the Read so you can take/display as much data as you wish.  Add a Chart inside the loop to display your data and you are done!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,409 Views)

Oh, I forgot to ask -- you said 11 displays.  Did you mean 11 Charts, or one chart showing all 11 channels?  [I hope it is the latter -- trying to eyeball 11 sets of data coming in on 11 different displays would be a nightmare!]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,406 Views)

welcome to my world, 11 different charts.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,400 Views)

That is really stupid!  You can't compare things if each channel is on a different chart -- too much space is taken up with Axes, Labels, Frames, etc. if you arrange them vertically, and if you arrange them horizontally, the time axes don't line up.  But, hey, give it a whirl ...

Ha!  I was about to say "Make an Array of Charts", but you can't!  So 11 Postage Stamps it is.  My sympathies for you and your classmates.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,388 Views)

Now that's some good help, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,339 Views)