LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2010 - CVI Driver Import Wizard

I have previously downloaded and used the driver import wizard to create LabView VIs from a CVI driver. Specifically with Labview 8.x and 2009.

However the latest version of the wizard (v1.3) will not install with LabView 2010 and there isn't a newer one to download w- So the question is, does anyone know if there is an intention to update this wizard so I can use it with LV 2010 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,406 Views)

Hey Phil,

The Driver Import Wizard is not yet compatible with LabVIEW 2010. I am unable to give a release date for the new driver, or even confirm if it will be released for 2010. I suggest that you fill out a product suggestion page where you can recommend the update of the driver.

http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?openform

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,385 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Please let me know if this has been resolved yet.

I tried copying the following directories to labview 2010:

from     C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\CVIFpConv
to          C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\resource\CVIFpConv

and

from     C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\project\_DriverCtoLV
to         C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\project\_DriverCtoLV
and the wizard loads and runs until I specify a .fp file and then I get the error in the jpeg attached. When I try to open the block diagram (FC_RFL_Initialize.vi), it says you need a password to view it, so that stops my debugging.
Error using Instrument Driver Import Wizard in LabView 2010.JPG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,256 Views)

Ness,

As Andy said, this utility is not supported for LabVIEW 2010 and there are no current release dates for the 2010 version. Unfortunately as of now, there are no further publicly available specifics on when or if this will become available for LabVIEW 2010.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,245 Views)

Any news yet on this issue? Has there been a release scheduled? It is now March!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,074 Views)

Hello Ness,

The Driver Import wizard was not released in LabVIEW 2010 SP1, and there are no current release dates for the 2010 version or indeed information if this will be released. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,063 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I just got LV2010-sp1 and it is not there...Why are they not addressing this yet?

Thanks...Ness

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,055 Views)

I just received SP1 but haven't installed it yet. Not much point either if the wizard is still missing.

I am now concerned that it has been abandoned and is never coming back...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,053 Views)

Hi guys, 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,889 Views)

Hi again guys, 

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but why not use the Import Shared Library function in Labview? The function is exactly the same except it requires a header file instead of a Function Panel. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,887 Views)