From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW with Tiva C Series TM4C1294

Hello,

I'm trying to interface Tiva C Series TI Launchpad TM4c1294 board with LabVIEW.

I setup the interface using USB, COM6. I also setup the VISA open, close, read and write. 

But, when I run the VI, my read buffer and count displays 0. I'm wondering if there is any communication between LabVIEW and the TI board.

I know the board and the interface is working. I'm able to communicate through C++ IDE. But I'm not sure how to go about doing it from LabVIEW.

I'm able to turn the LED on/off from C++, I'd like to be able to do the same task from LabVIEW. Can anyone give me some directions? Or references?

I came across a similar article:

http://e2e.ti.com/group/launchyourdesign/m/tivaarmmicrocontrollerprojects/665977

But I'm not able to figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my VI. 

Here's the link to the code I'm using:

https://github.com/energia/Energia/tree/master/examples/01.Basics/DualBlink_430

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,808 Views)

Hi GKlab,

Just out of curiosity are you working on a FIRST robotics project?  Just wondering since they use Launchpad.

Anyways, I would suggest that you take a look at all of the examples that come prepackaged with LabVIEW.  You can find them by going to Help>>Find examples in any LabVIEW window.  In particular I would have  you look at the Hardware Input and Output>>Serial>>Simple Serial.VI It gives a pretty good explination and example of how to check connection using the *IDN command.  Good luck!

Regards,

Pat B

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,751 Views)