LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW version change logs?

All,

Started with a new group at work and they are using a much later version of LabVIEW than I have been working with.  Is there a single reference page somewhere that lists version change logs?  I need to find out what changes/improvements/additions have been made between version 7.1 and version 2012 SP1.  I am sure quite a lot has been changed.

TIA,

Charlie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,203 Views)

Ummm...yeah.  A LOT has changed in that time.  Projects were introduced in 8.0.  Quick Drop in 8.6.  Scripting.  The File IO API had a major change somewhere in there.  Everything is now using DAQmx instead of the old Traditional NI-DAQ.  Object Oriented Programing in LabVIEW.  Project Templates.  Your Boolean constant is now half the size!

LabVIEW is still LabVIEW.  It still uses dataflow.  Therefore I seriously doubt you will have trouble adapting.  The best advice I can give you is to just play around with settings, palettes, and tools.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,183 Views)

Welcome to the latest version Charlie.  Here's a marketing page with high level features added since LabVIEW 8.2: http://www.ni.com/labview/whatsnew/#tab3

And here are the individual upgrade notes for each release (which should be more exhaustive) 

LabVIEW 8

LabVIEW 8.2

LabVIEW 8.5

LabVIEW 8.6

LabVIEW 2009

LabVIEW 2010

LabVIEW 2011

LabVIEW 2012

The biggest change to your normal workflow will likely be the addition of the project. You have to use the project to create EXEs or target RT or FPGA devices. As far as I can remember that is the major forced change -- everything else is something you can ignore until you need it.

A few of my personal favorites that you now have access to:

LabVIEW Classes/OO

Diagram cleanup

Quick Drop

Good luck!

~Simon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,179 Views)