LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW to C#

Hi All,

I want to write a program on LabVIEW that can take data from a micro-controller and plot a graph.. I know how to write this code..

The problem is that the client wants only a C# code and not on LabVIEW. I did look at some stuff where the DLL file of LabVIEW can be converted into a C# source code but I am not sure if its true...

My requirement: I want to convert the labview program into a C# program.. 

However at the client end I would be just providing the C# program and not the run time engine of labview... is that possible at all?

Thanks in advance for any inputs,

-gautham

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,801 Views)

Even if you were to to create a .NET DLL for this client, they'd want the source code. I would if I were them, and you'd only be able to give them the LabVIEW VIs.

They've already told you what they wanted. If you can't do it, you'll have to walk from this project.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,799 Views)

nyc: No what I meant is that the software I have creates a C# source code just from a DLL... I am learning C# right now and trying to learn on how to read source codes and stuff..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,794 Views)

Huh?

I don't understand.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,789 Views)

There is no way to convert LabVIEW to C#.

You could compile your LabVIEW code into a DLL and then call it from C#.  Or some other clever workaround.  But you'd still need to install the LV run-time engine on the computer.

And it sounds like that is not a viable option for you.

http://www.medicollector.com
Message 5 of 6
(2,782 Views)