From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW standalone applications

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I've been working on a developing a program for photovoltaic pv applications. I want to know if there are any terms and conditiond offered by NI in case i want to make a standalone version of this program to be used by any institute for educational and industrial purposes. also concerning the processing of such programs with large data base and libraries, will it be better to develop them, as a desktop application, by labview or python or C# ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,976 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author A_Ahmed

Hello A_Ahmed,

Thanks for using the National Instruments forums. I'll address your concerns separately for better clarity:

I want to know if there are any terms and conditions offered by NI in case i want to make a standalone version of this program to be used by any institute for educational and industrial purposes.

To compile executables (create stand alone LabVIEW applications) you will need a LabVIEW Professional license, or the LabVIEW Application Builder license. The LabVIEW Run-Time engine does not require a license, so your applications can run without having to use the licensed development environment. Please be aware some modules and third-party toolkits may still require Run-Time (deployment) licenses. You can find the full terms and condition here: NI Software License Agreement.

also concerning the processing of such programs with large data base and libraries, will it be better to develop them, as a desktop application, by LabVIEW or python or C# ?

The programing environment and language will depend in your application's requirements and your knowledge. While LabVIEW will make some tasks much easier, it might be more painful to use for others. I recommend you become familiar with your options and decide what makes more sense for your team and end goal. For big data, I also recommend exploring the NI's Data Management solutions.

All the best,

Message 2 of 3
(1,932 Views)

Do you have a license for the application builder or the professional development suite?  If so you can create executables and installers and freely distribute them.

As for what to use when developing, I would recommend LabVIEW.  What other recommendation would you expect on a LabVIEW forum?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,930 Views)