LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW proverbs!

I was watching the NI-Week 2006 keynote presentation for day 3.

One of the slides was a quote by Albert Einstein.

"The difference between genius and stupidity... is that genius has its limits."

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 81 of 305
(5,531 Views)

Nice quote, Ben.

But does it fit into this thread?

Gurdas Sandhu, Ph.D.
ORISE Research Fellow at US EPA
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 305
(5,492 Views)

Sure it fits in this thread Gurdas...   Ever tried teaching Labview to students?  Smiley Very Happy

Here's my personal quote from those days:
    Labview has given a whole new meaning to 'spaghetti code'

I wish I had saved those programs...   Dennis' 10 commandments would be useless to those.  Making sub-vi's with the input wires to the right...  Not using error lines to streamline code, nor using sequences...   Just put everything everwhere, without any sequence logic to it.   And then the awful thing:  Some of them even worked!   By accident ofcourse... simply because labview was always performing one vi before the other... probably in the order that the student had placed them.   Oh... those were the days.  Smiley Tongue

Message 83 of 305
(5,477 Views)

Antony,

If your students did get their stuff right, here is is one 'tongue-in-cheek' proverb they could use

' Life does not get easier than LabVIEW'

regards

Dev

Message 84 of 305
(5,474 Views)
Nice ones Dev, Anthony and Ben ! 😄

I quite like that one too :

When you are in a hole, stop digging !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 85 of 305
(5,414 Views)

A line from page 4-4 of the Advanced Applications Development course manual reads;

"XControls are powerful, difficult to create."

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 86 of 305
(5,313 Views)

Still on X-Controls

In this thread on LAVA Michael writes

http://forums.lavag.org/Xcontrol-Help-Convert-State-For-Save-Ability-t5678.html

"

Well, the more I work with Xcontrols, the more I realize that there is a SERIOUS lack of documentation or examples for them.

Can someone shed some light on the Convert State For Save Ability and how the hell I'm suppose to freakin' use it? sad.gif

"

Ben

Message 87 of 305
(5,210 Views)
Ben Wrote:
One of the slides was a quote by Albert Einstein.

"The difference between genius and stupidity... is that genius has its limits."

I like to collect proverbs, but three I find very applicable to programming:

1) Adding programmers to an already late project only makes it later.

2) Hofstaedter's rule: Every project will take longer than planned, even when Hofstaedter's rule is taken into account.

3) Appendix to Funyak's rule of closets (Authored by my Father-in-law during his MBA) : Any project will expand to use exactly the time, money and memory available.

Message Edited by Mellobuck on 06-26-2007 02:59 PM

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 88 of 305
(4,927 Views)

@Ben wrote:

A line from page 4-4 of the Advanced Applications Development course manual reads;

"XControls are powerful, difficult to create."

Ben

I'd be more concerned with the last sentence on that same page:  "For these reasons, only....."  😉
Message 89 of 305
(4,882 Views)
Build software bigger, weaker and slower. Let the customer buy stronger, faster computers with more memory... (VIrtual Sales Team Associates)
Message 90 of 305
(4,877 Views)