cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW program help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, 

I'm currently facing problems with the project I'm doing with my groupmates. The project I'm doing is sort of like a game, with two generators and two persons will have to compete and see who generates more. It needs to have the following functions:

-Display current values measured by current sensors from 2 respective generators.

-Have a waveform chart that is able to display the current values measured.

-Have a 'sliding bar' kind of system that increases as the amount generated from the generators increases.

-Have a high-score system for the top ten people that generates the most.

I know I have previously asked questions regarding a few of the functions above, but attached is my entire vi that our group has managed to done so far. I would appreciate if anyone can point out our mistakes we have made, improvments that we can do to make our project better.

Problems we are facing so far :

-Unable to write the measured values to excel file using 'Write to spreadsheet' (Unsure whether we have problems in our program that will lead to this)

-We are currently using several LEDs to do the 'sliding bar' (Are we doing it wrong?)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(4,527 Views)

How you are writing into a file, why the path is given as "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014"

you can provide other folder as its your data folder.

why No File name has been given in the path?

You can use slide function to display instead of Boolean indicator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 45
(4,505 Views)

Hi Palanive,

Thanks for replying, other folder meaning any folder is fine? Or I should create a new folder?

Because we have to show this program on Dashboard, but Dashboard does not have the slide function.. Should we still use dashboard for this? Or is there another platform where we can show our program?

With thanks,

Sonata

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(4,501 Views)

You should give a Path including FileName

Eg:C:\XX\XX\123.csv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 45
(4,498 Views)

Hi Palanive,

I have made changes to the path and this is the error I got, is there a problem with the path?

With thanks,

Sonata

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(4,489 Views)

Hope you are running the code in dashboard and trying to write in PC , am i rite?

Check with the File Extension, Error Message shows .csv.txt

Message 6 of 45
(4,473 Views)

If you want to run the code in Dash board and save values in PC, Develop separate Module for Writing into file.  use Shared Variables for getting values

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(4,468 Views)

Hi Palanive,

Yes, we are running the code in dashboard and writing in LabVIEW. Pardon me for not understanding, but what do you mean by seperate modules? Yes, we are using Shared Variables currently.

With thanks,

Sonata

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(4,463 Views)

Hi Palanive, 

Same error occured after making changes.

With thanks,

Sonata

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(4,456 Views)

Check the error message:

"Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify the path is correct."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(4,448 Views)