LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW pinned to taskbar and patch updates

Since I use it often, all my LabVIEW versions are pinned to the taskbar for easy access. There is one problem (at least under windows 10).

With every patch update, such as 2018.0f2 just released, the old LabVIEW 2018 taskbar icon turns blank after installation and after a reboot, the icon in the taskbar disappears completely.

Now I have to go to the menu, find the new exe, and pin it again to the taskbar. Wash rinse repeat with every update. 😞

I guess this might be a security feature of Windows 10 and there is little NI can do about it. Even if there is an existing taskbar shortcut and there is an exe with the same name and at the same place, windows will remove the link if the exe changes by even one byte.

Still annoying. Is there a way to avoid that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,787 Views)

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\LabVIEW.exe"

If there was a way to pin a ".bat" file to the taskbar you could create a bat file to launch LV.

You may have to write an exe that launches LV and pin that to the task bar. That way the LV exe can change but its location and name is all that will have to stay the same.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,770 Views)