LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW mozilla/chrome web browser

I have been studying recently on how to embed a web browser into a VI. I have followed a lot of tutorials and been successful at making both a .NET version and ActiveX version work thus far. I am now to the point where I need to view a live steaming camera through the embedded webpage. Unfortunately all .NET and ActiveX objects reference Internet Explorer 7. This limits you to what web pages you can view. As a result I then figured out how to force the web browser objects to use IE11 through window's registry. I am now at the point where I need to stream a .MJPEG camera which IE does not have native support for.

Does anyone know of a way that I can create a .NET or ActiveX control off of a Firefox or chrome browser? I have jumped through so many hurdles to get IE to function on a basic level and this problem could be solved so much more efficiently with a modern web browser.

I found this post from 10+ years ago and I don't believe it will work with the newer browsers. I am looking for a similar (but modern) solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,497 Views)

Hi Ryan,

the point is: when you want to use ActiveX to remotely control a webbrowser then the webbrowser needs to support that.

And as ActiveX is a rather old technique it is not supported by modern browsers. (Even Microsoft dropped support for Edge.)

So your best bet is to use IE11…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,474 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Ryan,

the point is: when you want to use ActiveX to remotely control a webbrowser then the webbrowser needs to support that.

And as ActiveX is a rather old technique it is not supported by modern browsers. (Even Microsoft dropped support for Edge.)

So your best bet is to use IE11…

I would actually prefer to use a .NET control, but I do not know enough about the differences to know if this would be any better than the ActiveX control. Is there a way to do it with .NET?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,467 Views)

Hi Ryan,

here the same applies: whatever you want to place in a .NET container needs to be supported by .NET!

I know MS has some browser capabilities provided as .NET - so you could use them…

Google for "browser control in .net" to get results like this or that

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,458 Views)

have you got any solution? 

I face the same issue as you . 

But I even do not figure out how to change the registry of computer to allow it use IE11 .......

I

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,781 Views)