Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW is an irrelevant programming language

I have just posted a new article on my blog:Thanks,

-Jim

Message 1 of 4
(2,388 Views)

You mean I should have bought more copies of LabVIEW for Everyone?very-happy smiley

Nice book, by the way.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,374 Views)

AK2DM:  The books would make a nice Xmas or birthday gift.  Smiley Wink  Too bad my birthday won't come again until next year.  Smiley Sad

Anyway, the title of this subject is grossly misleading.  According to the article study, it isn't fair to say that Labview is an irrelevant programming language.  It would be more appropriate to say that sales of Labview books are irrelevant.  Labview, as compared to other programming languages, is so easy to learn and use that many people just don't need to buy a book.  Many people learn from their peers, from NI courses, and just from the tutorial and help files that come with Labview.  There is just not a big demand for Labview books.  I would say they are very useful, however they just aren't that necessary.  To say a programming language is irrelevant because its book sales are not popular is not at all appropriate.  In fact, the popularity of the language despite its lack of book sales is a testament to how easy it is to learn and use.  This, in my opinion, makes it very relevant.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 4
(2,359 Views)
Very good, tbob.
And look at this forum: 250000 messages - very good. It is great for searching what you want to know. Even much better than a book because the forum also tracks the date of issue.
Guenter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)