cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW host failed to download abcd.vi to RT Target

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having a code which takes an Enum Typedef Input and selects the appropriate Module Class Object (and Child). There is a VI Reference Selector.vi (Dynamic Dispatch VI) for all the Module and Child Class Objects. Then there is methods called Launch.vi which will dynamically call the VI using Start Asynchronous Call Method.

The code works fine in Windows environment. There are no broken VI's for any of the Class VIs.

I tried to deploy the same in my PXIe 8840 RT controller. I get deployment error for the Launch.vi where I launch the modules. I tired mass compiling, creating a duplicate VI.

I tried clearing the compile cache etc. I'm currently stuck now with the current implementation.

I would like to know how to fix the issue.

If anyone has worked on Dynamic calling of VIs and LVOOPs in LabVIEW RT please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,983 Views)

Are you sure the class is included in the build? If it's not statically referred to by the main vi, any (child) class will not be included in the executable (rt or not).

Add the class to the always include list, or add a class constant somewhere in the main to make sure it will be included.

You might look at the disconnect typedefs option (not sure by heard if rt has this option).

If you get an error message, could you post the exact error message and code? That might help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,953 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. All the Class objects are statically called. I have not yet built the rt.exe. I am currently testing in from HOST PC. The code works fine in the Windows environment. I am not getting any error code while deploying the code. It only says " HOST LabVIEW failed to deploy abcd.vi to target.

Is there a way to know what error it is, why LabVIEW couldn't deploy?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,905 Views)

@ And it's because Kovelil wrote:

All the Class objects are statically called.

@Kovelil wrote:

If anyone has worked on Dynamic calling of VIs and LVOOPs in LabVIEW RT please suggest.

That sure is confusing... Maybe you mend dynamic dispatch?

So basically your build fails. I'd try to see if untagging the disconnect (type defs, unused lib functions, polymorphic VI instances) options makes a difference. The unused lib doesn't seem relevant and it's annoying to in tag it (building last forever since nr of VI's is increased enormously).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,898 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kovelil

We experience deploy errors with class VIs quite often (LV2015 SP1).

What sometimes helps is to deploy the VI which fails manually (just hit run on the VI which failed to deploy), then try deploying the top level VI again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,894 Views)