LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW gets into hang mode while interfacing with Eurotherm 2404

Hi, I am trying to interface a Eurotherm 2404 with LabView 2018 SP1. I have designed a code to acquire the data from the controller. The eurotherm controller is connected with a temperature sensor which reads the room temperature and display it on the controller & also, the same data is shown on a waveform chart. But, when i try to run the program LabView gets into hang mode after sometime (i.e I will not be able to stop the execution) or it will close all the windows of LabView generating an error report (a snapshot is also attached) or sometimes the system will restart by itself. I am exactly unable to figure out the reason behind this. it would be really great if someone would help me out in solving this

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,228 Views)

Ouch!  I usually see these (fortunately rare) reports while running LabVIEW in development mode, and interacting with the Block Diagram or Front Panel while editing.  I don't recall ever seeing one of these while I was executing a LabVIEW Routine.

In order to help you find and understand what might be causing this problem, we would need to see the code that you are running.  If it is a single VI, just attach the VI.  If it is multiple VIs, such as a LabVIEW Project, compress the folder containing them and attach the resulting .zip file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,209 Views)

Happy to hear from you. I didn't expect that I would get a response so soon. I am attaching a zip file which comprises of all the SubVIs. This project is on the verge of getting completed & not yet complete. But, I assure that this will run till the problem I've described. Thank you once again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,146 Views)

Miscellaneous comments:

• You seem to be using the QMH Template, not a bad choice!
  • However, you are missing some Message Cases:  Record, Stop Record.
  • I'm confused by the Stop Record button, which also seems to be called Stop.
  • Typically the "Values" Shift Register (the top one) would hold the values of the various buttons (which you don't really need, nor use).  If they all start "initialized" (which you can do with an Invoke Node for each one), then when you get a certain Message, you should only need to change the Visibility properties of a few, which I would just do directly with a Property node (rather than changing all 6 with Boolean References).
  • Your Enable/Disable only is used with Boolean References.  Another suggestion would be to get rid of its Coercion Dot when called by making its Input an Array of Boolean References (not "any" Control Reference).

If I had to guess what was generating the "Sorry for the Inconvencience" message, I'd guess the missing pieces of the Message Handling Loop.  I like to use Enums instead of Strings for things like Message Handlers -- this lets me eliminate the Default Case (I simply create a Case for every element of the Enum), and if I need to add or remove a State/Message, I get an Error until I add/remove the corresponding Case element.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,088 Views)

Thank u for the suggestions. would surely make those necessary changes. my problem with the hanging up of the LabVIEW has been stopped. the problem was with the converter used. 

But now I am facing a new problem where in I am trying to display some data on the waveform chart. this data is snt as a notification to the main VI from an SubVI. the problem here is I am unable to synchronize the data displayed on the main VI and the subvi. I have attached a piece of the display below. I have also attached the corresponding main & subvi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,709 Views)