LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add the libXML library to labVEW environment

If there any step-up step procedure available for how to add the libXML library to the LabVIEW environment. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,681 Views)

Do you mean this LibXML? http://xmlsoft.org/

If so, it looks like a standard C library, so look for guides relating to the Call Library Function Node (CLFN) and calling C language functions.

In terms of "adding it", yoou need to either specify a path, or place the DLL at a location on the search path.

You might find this thread useful: libXML Examples

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,636 Views)

Yes, Correct LibXML only.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Libxml2-Parsing-XML-in-LabVIEW-is-too-slow-or-is-it/ta-p/3...

From the above link, I had to download the Libxml setup and some of the examples.

1. I have installed the "libxml2-1.0.0.2.vip" in my system. 

2.LibXMLUpdate(2.1) in this folder I tried to run the Main.VI but I get an error like " Not executable VI". 

Do I have to do any setup to solve this issue?. 

The above link which is the folder is required to use the LibXML

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,578 Views)

Not executable VIs (broken run arrow?) will usually tell you what the problem is.

Can you open the error list (click on the broken run arrow, or Ctrl+L, or View >> Error List) and tell me/us what you see?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,575 Views)

FYI.

dhana03_0-1580714894447.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,571 Views)

Ok, so from that image I can see that the errors occur in the top two VIs (the ones with the errors are always at the top, and have a red X mark).

You need to read those errors (the ones with X marks) and fix them, then you should be able to run Main.vi.

At the moment, main cannot run because it needs those subVIs to work.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,562 Views)

It seems the LibXML DLL issue. I want to know that how I will configure the Libxml.

is there any procedure to configure the LibXMl to avoid these errors?.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,559 Views)

Hi,

I have fix the Error in the error list which is indicate the X mark. Now am able to run my main.vi but in the "selected node sub.vi" received length as a 0 output.

Code files attached.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,381 Views)